Tips for Troubleshooting Blackberry Error: Reload Software 552
Posted by leavewithsmile on June 7, 2010
For your information, I use Blackberry Curve 8520 OS 4.6. Early this morning, i saw a free game: Tomb Raider for Blackberry. So without considering its compatibility, i downloaded and installed the game. Because I love the adventure so much.
I run it soon after the installation completed. And then i saw error messages that’s describe the incompatibility. So i deleted the application directly. It says it need to reboot to complete the deleting process. So i rebooted it. After that, the blackberry just showing me a blank white screen with a little message at the center of the screen: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552.
So, i thought that was just a small problem. I always have the solution of battery pull for all the problem on blackberry. I pulled the battery, and restarted it. And yes, the message appear again. I thougt, i need a little longer time to pull the battery away. So i pulled it away for about an hour and try it again. And yes, the error message appear again.
I go to my office and search the solution for the problem in master google. And yes, there are a lot of descriptions. But I will explain you the solution that works smoothly for me. And the steps are:
1. The problem has a big impact to your Blackberry Operating System. Your OS is crashed because of the incompatibility with the application. You can’t connect your device with your blackberry desktop manager on your PC/notebook, you cannot restore your system. So you need a brand new OS. I figured it out that it is my excellent chance to upgrade my OS to version 5.0.
2. Download the Official Blackberry OS according to your BIS Provider at your country in here.
3. You will have the file named (in my case: Indonesia, Indosat, Curve 8520): 8520wifijAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL22.214.171.124_A126.96.36.1999_Indosat.exe
4. Run/execute the file on your PC/Notebook.
5. It will upgrade your Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC/notebook.
6. You will need to restart your PC/notebook after the installation.
7. Connect your Blackberry to your USB port in the PC/notebook. Run Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC/notebook.
8. Choose Application Loader > Update Software > Start.
9. Follow the instruction. Click next for installation. And finish🙂
1. My Notebook always connected to the internet during the installation. So if you are disconnected to the internet during installation and failed, you should try to connect to the internet.
2. The application “Blackberry Messenger” will not be installed on your new OS. You need to download it again. And yes, don’t worry about loosing the contacts on BBM because you can restore it remotely, if you backup your contact list remotely too. Please leave a comment if you need further explanation on how to do this.
Powered by ScribeFire.